Ahoy, traveler – A new update has dawned on Etheria! Learn about the latest Update to Puzzle Quest 3: Update 0.39, Quest Pass. Read on to discover changes to the Battle Pass, new menu designs, and improvements to speed up animation sequences in the game.
The Battle Pass was not offering enough value. To help distinguish it from other game modes (especially Bounties and Goals), the Battle Pass has been reworked. The new Quest Pass features clear Daily, Weekly and Epic tasks to complete to help with better gameplay goals day-day. We’ve adjusted the Premium Pass+ to give double the rewards.
- The Battle Pass has been reworked and is now the Quest Pass. To distinguish the Quest Pass from other game-modes, Bounties have been removed from the game
- The Quest Pass runs for 4 weeks, after which the Pass resets and a new Quest Pass begins
- Complete Daily, Weekly, and Epic Quests (tasks) to earn Horns
- Rewards are earned at every 100 Horns
- Quests reset Daily and Weekly, with Epic Quests spanning the duration of the Quest Pass
- Rewards have been improved
- New Rune, Scroll, and Mark rewards have been added
- Shards have been increased by one Tier of Rarity
- Reward Levels have been increased from 30 to 50
- Kingdom Crest rewards have been removed from the end of battle Rewards
- Purchase Premium Pass+ to unlock double the rewards.
Battle Pass compensation:
The Quest Pass replaces the Battle Pass and Bounties. Rewards will be mailed for the uncompleted Battle Pass stages in the in-game mail, with double the rewards sent if you have purchased the Premium Pass+.
We’ve continued to update a number of menus and screens in the game to suit the new UI (user interface) style. Many things in the game have moved within the menu system or consolidated to streamline the information available.
- The top (HUD) and bottom menu have been updated to consolidate Hero Stats, news, Chat, and Mail
- Settings, Help-Center, Guide (Articles) and Quit are now accessed from the Hamburger (☰) icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen
- HERO: Gear, Spells, and Story have been updated to the new UI style and are now accessed from the main Hero menu
- Backgrounds change based on your Hero’s progress in the story
- Hero Stats now display in the Gear/Spells sub-menus
- QUEST: Added a “Quest” menu to access the new Quest Pass (formerly Battle Pass)
- WORLD: The “Story” tab is now the “Dungeons” tab
- TAVERN: The “Chests” tab is now the “Minions” tab
- STORY: Continue the latest part of the Story by selecting “FIGHT” from the Hero menu. The latest conversations will be skipped
As Gear Loadouts are visible all at once, some menus and icons may appear smaller. In the next update, we would like to introduce the World-Map back into the menus to show progress throughout the story mode and see your battle rewards.
Alongside a number of small changes to update the UI, we have improved the rewards sequences in the game to be more efficient. This change is intended to help speed up parts of the game that were not flowing.
- Battle Prompts – Actions such as destroying Gems and gaining Status Effects are now indicated with a text pop-up in battle. These can be Enabled/Disabled via the Settings menu
- “Stars” are a visual indication of your progress in increasing to a higher Tier of Chest. Earning more Stars will indicate a higher rarity of Chests at the end of battle
- The last enemy in a battle will not drop a Star
- Reward animations have been split into Battle and Chest Rewards and have both been reworked with a faster sequence
- Minions can now be used to Open Chests from the same screen
- The end of the battle sequence is faster, making it easier to collect rewards
We have adjusted the difficulty, balance, and tuning throughout Update 0.38. This update introduces some changes to the amount and type of rewards earned to help balance them across the game.
- The cost to Upgrade Followers has been reduced by 40% between levels 1-15
- Followers of levels 1-5 are at about 50% of the current food cost to level up
- Followers of levels 5-15 are at about 75% of their current food cost to level up
- Quest Rewards – Random Shards replace Keys for completing parts of the Story
- Shards improve in quality and amount when progressing through the story
- Dungeons now have 5 instead of 6 Enemies. The Altar will appear before the Boss & Mini-Boss
- This change is intended to help shorten Dungeon battle times
- Shop packs that have a single item, such as Relics (in Daily Deals) now show extra descriptions about their purpose
- New loading screen tooltips added
- Gear Loadouts can be accessed from Tourneys and Events
- Fixed an issue that can occur when opening chests when having the exact amount of currency required
- Fixed an issue where Vitality in Event battles is reduced after swapping to a different Hero, even if during the preceding battle no health was lost.
- Fixed an issue where Bloodfang Shield had the wrong unique ability. It should give a chance to Freeze the enemy when blocking, rather than gaining Ice Resistance from blue gems
- Fixed the bug where resources could go into negative total after upgrading a weapon level and rarity.
- Battle doesn’t end in PVP when the enemy has lost all life points. The game hangs on-screen, locking the game. Meaning players had to force close as they were unable to retreat.
- Changing your Gear/build between Event Dungeon battles does not increase your max health.
- Various Live Event effects that have a percentage chance to trigger, were always triggering.
- Error message when attempting to send a Minion to open a Chest.
- Incorrect Bundle names and descriptions are displayed for Epic Spells in Bundles
- Missing graphic when selecting the Shop from the Events menu
- Some text overlaps when viewing Spell icons
- Selecting Gear or Spell after exiting the Mail tab is unresponsive
- Resolved in 0.40
- Warlord’s Mask’s (rare) passive ability turns Shield Gem into 1 Big Gem instead of transforming standard Gems.