- New Season: The Fallen Star
- Anniversary give-away
- Adventurer’s Guide
- Adventure Improvements
- Introducing Enemy Gems
- Quest & VIP Pass Update
- Tutorial Update
- Create Hero Changes
- Quality of Life & Miscellaneous
- Bug Fixes
- Known Issues
This update releases on Tuesday March 14th at 00:00 UTC
The Season begins at daily reset (00:00 GMT) on the 21st March
Values in bold are affected by the rarity or element of the item.
Though touched by the corruption that consumed its original wielder, this hammer longs to be used for honorable deeds once more.
- Reduce enemy Power by 1-2.5% of their starting power when dealing damage of this item’s gem color.
The corruption coursing through the wood makes this shield more pliable.
- Add 10% to block chance, increasing by 1-4% every turn.
The red of the corruption is a reminder of the blood on the hands of the wearer of these gloves.
- Reduce enemy Crit Chance by 2-5% when matching 5 or more gems in one match.
Taken from Dragonguard soldiers who carried the weight of the corrupted world on their shoulders.
- Gain 1-2.5% Melee Damage when matching 5 or more gems in one match.
Crimson flecks of corruption make this chest oddly appealing.
- Leech 2-5% of opponents current Armor when matching 5 or more gems in one match
Passed down through generations of Dragonguard soldiers, this ring now gives off a mildly unsettling aura.
- 10-40% chance to gain Regeneration for 5 turns at start of turn. If you already have Regeneration, its effect leeches life from the enemy.
Corrupted I (2 piece set bonus)
- Increase Crit Chance by 2-7% for each Big Gem on the board
- Gain 5-30% All Elemental Damage Reduction if facing Season 2.0 enemies.
Corrupted II (4 piece set bonus)
- Gain 5-30% of Starting Resistance.
- Gain 5-30% Melee & Missile Damage Reduction if facing Season 2.0 enemies.
Corrupted III (6 piece set bonus)
- Skull hits leech 1-6% of damage dealt as life
- Gain 5-30% Power if facing Season 2.0 enemies.
Available only in the Cache items in the Season shop, this item will drop at Legendary rarity.
When worn, this helm produces an ominous hum. It seems to empower and disturb its’ wearers in equal measure.
At the start of my turn there is a 10-40% chance to gain Possessed for 4 turns. If I already have Possessed, double the effects
Values in bold are affected by the level or rarity of the spell.
Create 2-7 Purple Gems. If I’m already Possessed, heal for 0.5x.
- Level: Heal
- Rarity: Gem Create
Deal 1x Fire Damage, and gain Possessed for 1-6 Turns.
- Level: Damage
- Rarity: Status Duration
Destroy 2-7 Non-Purple Gems. If I’m already Possessed, heal 0.75 Resistance.
- Level: Resistance Heal
- Rarity: Gem Destruction
Deal 1x Light Damage, +10-30% if I’m already Possessed.
- Level: Damage
- Rarity: Status Duration
- PvP Spell: Fiery Gore (60 Mana)
Destroy a random row of gems and deal 1x damage as Fire, adding 10% for each skull removed.
- PvP Spell: Light Crash (90 Mana)
Deal 2x damage as Light.
- PvP Spell: Ice Crash (90 Mana)
Deal 2x damage as Ice.
- PvP Spell: Dark Crash (90 Mana)
Deal 2x damage as Dark.
The Items, Spells, and Minions use new Relics obtainable through the Season Dungeons to evolve.
Barnacles are really in sea-son this year.
To celebrate the year-long journey of Puzzle Quest 3 so far:
We will be giving out some free skins and some other goodies! These rewards can be acquired for 1 week after the release of 2.0.0.
Adventurer’s Guide will replace the Help Guide button in the top bar.
In-game help guides can be brought up here again if you’d like a refresher on mechanics or game modes.
This will be an on-going feature that we add to, and we’ve moved some of the existing game mode help menus into the guide.
The icon will change when a new guide has been unlocked.
We’ve also made new Guides available for:
- Gear Basics
- Spell Basics
- Follower Basics
- Elemental Damage
We have added features which will allow us to provide new and different Adventure experiences in the future. These will be denoted with icons within an Adventure
- Persistent Health
- Health will carry over between battles.
- Health Potions
- Restore your health between battles by using Health Potions when Persistent Health is enabled
- Magic Crystals
- Create gems and charge your spells at the start of battle
- Adventure Shop
- A merchant that is always available to purchase from
- Persistent modifiers
- Some adventures will have modifiers that apply to all battles
- Replayable adventures
- Adventures that can be replayed multiple times
Beginning in Season 2.0: The Fallen Star, we will be introducing Enemy Gems! These Gems will have unique effects much like the Ultimate Gems of the Heroes.
We’ll be starting with the enemies in The Fallen Star, but we’re planning to roll out more throughout 2023 and beyond to add variety and spice to the matches!
- Corruption Gems match with Red Gems, and will grant Possessed for 2 turns when destroyed.
We thought it was high time that the Quest and VIP Passes got an update!
When reviewing them we found them difficult to find and difficult to navigate so we’ve taken some time to make improvements to both.
- On both the Quest Pass and VIP Pass we’ve updated the UI to make sure you can see everything in one place
- We’ve also added a VIP badge to the top menu bar so it’s always easy to access your pass!
In addition to a general update to the UI, we’re also updating the rewards tracks for the Quest Pass as some parts were a little out-of-date.
The following rewards will become active as of the next Quest Pass Reset!
|FREE REWARDS||PREMIUM REWARDS|
|4||300||Honor||20||Skirmish Loot Ticket||2|
|5||400||Wooden Keys||1||Relic Tier I||1|
|7||600||Skirmish Loot Ticket||3||Random Shards||150|
|9||800||Iron Keys||1||Dungeon Loot Ticket||2|
|14||1300||Honor||40||Skirmish Loot Ticket||4|
|15||1400||Golden Keys||1||Relic Tier II||1|
|17||1600||Skirmish Loot Ticket||3||Random Shards||250|
|19||1800||Relic Tier I||1||Dungeon Loot Ticket||4|
|24||2300||Honor||60||Skirmish Loot Ticket||6|
|25||2400||Ruby Keys||1||Relic Tier III||1|
|27||2600||Skirmish Loot Ticket||3||Random Shards||350|
|29||2800||Relic Tier I||1||Dungeon Loot Ticket||6|
|34||3300||Honor||80||Skirmish Loot Ticket||8|
|35||3400||Diamond Keys||1||Relic Tier III||2|
|37||3600||Skirmish Loot Ticket||3||Random Shards||450|
|39||3800||Epic Rune||1||Dungeon Loot Ticket||8|
|40||3900||Random Shards||250||Armor Glyph||1|
|44||4300||Honor||100||Skirmish Loot Ticket||10|
|47||4600||Skirmish Loot Ticket||3||Random Shards||600|
|48||4700||Relic Tier I||1||Gems||300|
|49||4800||Epic Scroll||1||Dungeon Loot Ticket||10|
|50||4900||Relic Tier II||1||Weapon Glyph||1|
Contextual tutorials have been added and general tutorials have been updated to better assist the new-user experience in understanding where and how to access specific PQ3 features.
- We’ve adjusted how the Inventory Guide is presented to offer information in a more easily readable way
The Hero creation screen has been adjusted to showcase important class elements and brings attention to the difficulty of each hero choice.
- The 2D hero selectors have been replaced with 3D versions
- Create Hero:
- Difficulties for each hero are now shown
- The viewer (the eye icon) now has a little more information about the heroes for some additional flavour!
- Select Hero:
- Merged the functionality of the 2D menu into the 3D menu
- Action Points now has an undo button! After making a match you may undo any moves you’ve made that turn.
- Note: Casting a spell or triggering an ability which impacts the board will clear your undo moves
- Non-Elemental Enemies
- We’ve made a few changes to some enemies that are particularly common in the early game
- We’ve done this to help smooth out the new player experience and ease their way into learning the elemental system
- The following enemies are now “Non-Elemental” meaning they don’t have strengths or weaknesses to elemental damage
- Vicious Rat
- Pesky Goblin
- When you receive an item at the end of a Story battle, the item will appear in the center of the rewards list to make it easier to spot
- The Altar of War now gives correct Bonus in Dungeon Battles
- Oberron’s Belt power boost now gives the expected 10% power boost
- Dark Ice spell no longer converts Big Gems into regular Gems
- The final battle of story quests in seasons now gives the correct amount of experience
- Fixed environmental audio bugs
- Main menu background audio now changes with the environment
- Environmental audio now triggers properly for later levels
- Fixed some environmental audio cutting out every 30 seconds
- Fixed loudness issues
- Reduced volume difference between the menu, story scenes, and battles
- Prevented total volume from exceeding appropriate limits
- Sound effects no longer delayed in sped up battles
- PvP Opponents no longer sometimes show a negative score
- Event Battle Score & Difficulty now updates when changing Hero
- Disease status no longer prevents Ultimate spell cast
- Salvaging a Story chest item then restarting should no longer cause a soft lock
- Switching your current Hero from the story progression screen no longer causes a soft lock
- Gems created over Big Gems no longer appear with the original gem’s Big Gem level, instead of their own
- Global Mail with no Rewards attached will no longer show a “collect” button
- Improved world map movement sensitivity when on lower graphic settings
- Gold total in gear/spell upgrade pop-up does not update, preventing upgrade if player collects mail while in the gear screen
- Can be resolved by exiting and re-entering the screen
- ‘Rooster’s Crow’ passive is not triggering when 10+ yellow gems are matched
- Reflect can be triggered after an enemy is defeated – this can cause a loss with the player taking reflected damage before the battle resolves
- Some battle goals aren’t displaying if all achievements are completed
- Background Audio can play overlapping multiple times (fixed in 2.0.1)